Sydney Catholic Schools (SCS)
Leadership of 152 Schools Enrolling 70,000 Students
Focus on Religious, Educational and Social Outcomes
With revenue of around A$850m per annum and employing 9,000 staff, Sydney Catholic Schools (SCS) plays a critical role in ensuring the educational and pastoral welfare of 70,000 children enrolled in 152 primary and secondary schools across the Sydney metropolitan area.
Reporting to the Archbishop of Sydney through the Board of Sydney Catholic Schools Limited, the Executive Director will provide leadership in the pedagogical and spiritual missions of SCS, in line with the Archbishop’s Charter for Catholic Schools.
Key accountabilities will include:
- Promoting Catholic education within the broader mission of the Church;
- Developing a vision of education for Catholic schools that reflects equity and excellence;
- Providing leadership and guidance, and setting performance expectations for the executive and school leadership teams of SCS to ensure alignment with overall goals;
- Promoting Catholic education as the preferred option for Catholic families;
- Fostering the nexus between school and parish communities;
- Ensuring SCS meets all requirements under relevant federal and state legislation;
- Leading the continuing organisational and cultural changes necessary to ensure achievement of students’ learning and spiritual outcomes; and
- Providing leadership and support to Principals, schools, teachers and families.
You will have a strong commitment to the Catholic faith and to the realisation of the Archbishop’s Charter for Catholic Schools. A track record of senior leadership in business, government or education is essential, preferably with experience leading change across complex, multi-site environments. Familiarity with the complexities and challenges of education would be desirable. You have relevant tertiary qualifications, you are comfortable dealing at the most senior levels, including Board and Government level, and you are literate in financial matters. Political insight, gravitas, strong influencing and negotiating skills and a high level of written and verbal communication skills are required. A competitive remuneration package will be negotiated.
To apply please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting Ref. MMC247147.
Phone enquiries may be made to Malcolm McEwen on +61 409 329 707.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com